The Govt. of India has categorised the Census-2011 into two categories. viz 1) Population Census and 2) Socio-Economic and Caste Census.
1) Population Census: The Register General of India and the Ministry of Home affairs of India prepared a scheme to execute the population counting in two phases viz. H.L & NPR. Both the operation has been completed in the district successfully. A Questionnaire consisting of 14 nos. of questions was given to collect various data viz. Name, Head of the Family with relationship with other members, age, sex, date_of_birth etc.
With a view to complete the Census operation in the stipulated time total 1636 nos of enumerators, 275 nos. of supervisors and 50 numbers of master trainers were engaged in the whole process. Charge wise enumerators and supervisors breakup is shown below.
|Name of Circle/Charge||Nos. of enumerators||Nos. of supervisors|
2) Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC-2011): The socio-economic and caste has started in the district from 30-Dec-2011. The enumeration process officially inaugurated by Sri Babul Ch. Barbaruah, ACS, Deputy Commissioner starting from one household of "Ambari" village under "Baska" charge.
- Identification of households living below poverty line both in urban and rural areas.
- Ranking of households based on their socio-economic status both in urban and rural areas.
- To prepare a caste based profile including the socio-economic condition and educational status of the people of different states.
- Caste wise socio-economic profiling of the population to be used by Registrar General of India.